Sunday, April 13, 2014

ready, set, let it go

My daughter had a lovely birthday on Friday! She started the day with her traditional m&m pancake, breakfast in bed. That was followed by opening her eight gifts and taking a few pictures before she headed off to school. I dropped off  a special lunch for her at school and she ended the day with a pizza, pajama, and movie party with friends!



 
My daughter decided early on that she wanted a "Frozen" party. So we made some snowflake and glitter invitations and put them in clear envelopes. I think it set the perfect tone for her party. As I mentioned in my last post, we asked that in lieu of gifts her friends bring donations for the pajama project.
 


 
As anyone who throws a party at home knows, a lot of work goes into it. So I took a lot of pictures to remember all of the details. Hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed creating them.
 


 


 


 
As the girls arrived we had coloring pages and bracelets to assemble.
 
 

Since everyone we know has seen the movie "Frozen" at least a dozen times, I thought it would be fun for the girls to play a game of bingo while they watched. They used jelly beans as the markers.


In the basement I set up a snack bar with candy, popcorn, snow cones, pretzels and cotton candy ice cream cones!







For favors we gave out flip flops, nail polish, and files and little bags with a picture of Olaf on them that said "Keep calm and think of summer!"



 

To end the party, the girls sang happy birthday to my special girl and enjoyed a cupcake push up pop.



It was a wonderful day, filled with great memories. I'm going to spend the rest of the day taking down the snow and putting up the bunnies and start to get ready for Easter this weekend!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
    Jewelry

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It!